The waxing process:
At Chantelle Esthetics the waxing process is quite simple. Chantelle starts by applying products to cleanse and soften the skin. The wax is applied in the direction of hair growth and removed with a swift pull in the opposite direction. After all hairs have been removed, a soothing aloe vera gel.
A proper waxing service will remove hair by the root, forcing the follicle to produce a new hair. The hair grows back slow and fine, usually starting two (2) weeks after waxing. It will take the hairs another couple of weeks to grow in enough for another wax. Routine waxing usually occurs every four (4) to six (6) weeks.
Products used during waxing services:
- Clean + Easy Brazilian Bikini Wax: this honey-like hard wax is used to remove the majority of the hair in the bikini area. Rather than adhering to the skin and the hair, this wax shrink wraps around the hair, making the experience as painless as possible. Hard wax is applied in the direction of hair growth and removed after it cools, without the use of a cloth strip.
- Clean + Easy Barezilian Full Body Wax: this creamy hard wax stays flexible and cools quickly, making it a great wax for certain areas in the bikini area.
- Clean + Easy Zinc Oxide Ultra Sensitive Soft Wax: this soft wax is used on larger areas of the body, such as arms and legs. It is strong enough to remove coarse hair, yet gentle enough to use on fine hair. Soft wax is applied in the direction of hair growth and removed quickly with a cloth strip.
- GiGi Flex Wax Olive Oil: this hard wax stays flexible and is great for removing fine or stubborn hairs, which makes it great for facial waxing.
- GiGi Numbing Spray: this spray is used exclusively for Brazilian and Underarm Waxing. Applied at the beginning of the service, the lidocaine will temporarily numb the area to make the experience as painless as possible.
- Thayer’s Witch Hazel: witch hazel is a natural cleanser and moisturizer. It is applied before and after the waxing service to cleanse and soften the skin.
- Now Solutions Grape Seed Oil: this lightweight oil is applied at prior to waxing for a couple of reasons. One is to create a barrier between the skin and the wax and the other is to soften the hairs so they don’t break upon removal.
- Now Solutions Aloe Vera Gel: aloe is applied after the waxing service to naturally soothe the area and reduce redness.
- Aromantic Tea Tree Oil: added to the Apricot Kernel Oil, Tea Tree Oil is used for it’s natural antibacterial properties and pleasant aroma.
Benefits of waxing:
- No more shaving
- Area feels clean
- Skin feels smooth
- Hair grows in sparse
- Hair grows in slow
- Gets hard to reach areas