- Soothe the skin by applying Aloe Vera gel the night of your wax and the morning after.
- Let the skin breath by wearing loose underwear and clothing to prevent irritation.
- Take a gentle shower – make sure the water is not too hot and do not use a washcloth or scrubby for 1 day after waxing.
- Keep the area covered from sun exposure for 2 days after waxing.
- Exfoliate the area 3 days after your wax and every other day after that. Without exfoliation, dead skin cells will build up and trap the fine, new hairs under the surface of the skin.
- Give the hair follicles 1 day to close before swimming in any water source. (No pool, lake, river, beach, etc.)
Written by: Chantelle Henery, owner and esthetician at “Chantelle Esthetics” 6/15/17